LETHAL (LthL)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LETHAL (LthL)

WE ARE AN ORGANIZED CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR BASED CLAN ON THE PS3

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xPenguin-
PRIVATE
PRIVATE

Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death Empty
PostSubject: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:27 pm

In my opinion, K/D means nothing unless you can carry it over into a game.

You can have a 2+ K/D ratio but if you finish bottom off all the games with 0 kills. What does it prove?

So in my opinion, K/D means nothing, and whoever finishes top is best Rolling Eyes

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Gtech619
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I disagree to an extent.

If someone has a .8 K/D
I dont want him on my TDM team because he will most likely die more often than kill people. So its going to bring the team down.

If someone has a 1.5 or higher, they on average are going to do better and help the team win.

K/D is all about odds. It is more likely that a player with a K/D over 1 will do better than someone under 1.

and you gotta play your odds with people you dont know.
Back to top Go down
mthemapc

mthemapc

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Gtech619 wrote:
I disagree to an extent.

If someone has a .8 K/D
I dont want him on my TDM team because he will most likely die more often than kill people. So its going to bring the team down.

If someone has a 1.5 or higher, they on average are going to do better and help the team win.

K/D is all about odds. It is more likely that a player with a K/D over 1 will do better than someone under 1.

and you gotta play your odds with people you dont know.
Yeah but for a player who hasn't prestiged yet, they could just be getting good and starting to get above 1 K/D for each match but their overall K/D is still down because they died a lot as a noob. That is what happened with me and that is why in the past week my K/D has gone up like .25. I just started getting good and am enjoying the game much more as a skilled play.
Back to top Go down
Gtech619
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:32 pm

sure there is plenty of excuses, i mean im only at 1.22, i was at 1.08 2 days ago. but you know what? K:D is the best way to judge a player before actually playing with him, and i would even dare say it is actually pretty accurate.
maybe 70%

Either way, when getting members, before we recruit them there should be some filtering for the K/D, if you suck now, join later.
Back to top Go down
xPenguin-
PRIVATE
PRIVATE

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Gtech619 wrote:
Either way, when getting members, before we recruit them there should be some filtering for the K/D, if you suck now, join later.

Agreed, there should definately be some system.. And also inactive members.. :}

We should start a new thread for this but we could do like, a few of our best players verses new recruits, if they put up a good fight, the best players should get "signed up"!

EDIT: But nobody under 1.00 K/d should be allowed to try.. Ok K/D does matter a tad Wink contradicting myself.. but if they are under 1.00 K/D they cant exactly be good Razz

What a hypocrite i am haha.
Back to top Go down
Gtech619
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 pm

that's 2 times i got you!
Back to top Go down
xPenguin-
PRIVATE
PRIVATE

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Gtech619 wrote:
that's 2 times i got you!
Sad

And im gray! What's going on Sad
Back to top Go down
xPenguin-
PRIVATE
PRIVATE

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:10 pm

And now im orangee :s:s:s
Back to top Go down
gav_14_14

gav_14_14

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Well put Gtech and penguin, my K/R is like 0.99 or 1.02 or somthin like that but i keep on tryin and im been having quite a bit of streaks over 10 latley, as i said well put guys
Back to top Go down
FalseFire
Captain
Captain
FalseFire

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:43 pm

I totally disagree. You can be on the top with 24 kills and 24 deaths, which helps your team out absolutely none in TDM. If you go 13 - 5 you added 80 points ahead to your team by not dying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death   Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Valuable Player > Kill/Death
Page 1 of 1